Get to know Anthony
Name: Antonios Papadimitriou (simplified: Anthony Eric)
Place of birth: Vaxjo, south Sweden
2019 – present|Factory Director global sales, China.
- We produce high quality sunglasses at affordable prices with a trendy and sporty design. View our pictures and videos on bit.ly/mae-sunglasses
2019 – present|University lecturer, communication and business, Xiamen University, China
- Responsible for updating existing curricula, and to suggest new modules covering business planning, entrepreneurship, project management, business strategy, and business English. I’m running university classes and correcting exams and assignments.
2018 – present|Business owner, professional trainer business English & business planning, strategy, communication, China/Hong Kong
2018 (6 months)|Director of admissions and vice principal, Concordia International School, Xiamen/Hong Kong
- A key duty included to conduct public speeches in order to gain more revenues. I was responsible for parent-student handbook and to ensure right information on the website. We managed to get 50 sign-ups in less than 5 weeks, but owners and government officials ran into revenue disputes leading to sudden school closure.
2017 – 2018|University lecturer, the Open University, University Finance Marketing, National Univeristy of Vietnam IEI, and guest lecturer at HoaSen university, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam
- A duty included to plan curricula and execute modules covering public speaking, daily English, business strategy, planning and marketing for undergraduates.
2015 – 2017|Digital executive, IBM, Ireland
- I was responsible for planning online projects, and to instruct junior sellers of how to sell convincingly. Another duty included to manage sales administration with service level agreements, price requests and to complete client agreements.
2014 – 2015|Client manager, insurance enterprise Folksam, Sweden
- A key duty included to explain insurance solutions and pension schemes over the phone. I met and exceeded all sales targets within 6 months and with no previous insuance experience.
2007 – 2011|Business owner, consulting and advisory, UK, Sweden
- In the role of sole trader and external consultant, I signed deals with technology leaders Ericsson and Combitech. I provided consulting services covering project management and technical support with project coordination.
2010 – 2011|MBA international business, leadership and business strategy, the University of Birmingham Birmingham Business School, UK
- Modules included: Project management, accounting, finance for managers, business strategic planning, international team work, personal development, corporate and academic writing and presentation, human resource management, talent management
2001 – 2004|BSc Engineering & Economics, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Modules included: Technical project management, digital and analogue techniques, mobile systems, telecom networks, Maths, programming (C, C++)
2010|Business Diploma, King’s College London, UK (A)
- Modules completed: Academic English, Business Management, British history and society
Management trained by: IBM, Deloitte, Semcon, TietoEnator, Ericsson
Certificates: Project management: PRINCE2, PROPS, PPS, Deloitte management & consultation, TEFL teach English as foreign language by tefl.org.uk
Languages: Speaks fluent Greek, Swedish, English and A1 level German and Italian.
- Achieved highest marks including A” at famous King’s college London (2010), and distinction on the MBA program (2011).
- Produced and launched a whitepaper about project management success (2011) which was endorsed by a Swedish enterprises and a British HRM professor for its reliability and high standard.
- Completed 4 study manuals covering B1 level daily English, B2-C1 level business English and advanced MBA preparation studies.
- Finished my second book about expat thoughts in an uncommon world (56,000 words). I’m now writing own my third book: the divine signs.
Extra curricula activity: Supports children charity primary school in CuChi Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon). This school is being supported by the sacred heart; link -> Charity
Motto: Do your best at all times and be an asset for future generations. Give and you shall get. Ask and you will be given. Don’t view the world as it is but as it should be. Don’t judge on the spot but let people show their true intention and ability. Don’t take things for granted.
Things I admire: People who give their time, money and knowledge to the developing world (emerging markets) and to those who experience difficult times in life.
Religion: Greek orthodox Christian; a strong believer in the salvation and the second coming.
Favorite cities: Paris & Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). Paris is charming and romantic. Saigon is exotic, little crazy and very welcoming from a foreigner (European-American) point of view.
Favorite tourist spots: The islands in Greece, and Loutraki-Corinth Greece.
Spare-time activities: Golf, tennis, reading, writing and gospel preaching.
Where my soul feels at home: Vaxjo Sweden and Loutraki Corinth Greece
A picture of Anthony, taken in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), 2017.